Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Jars and Mixing Stick & Spring Newsletter

Thought to post an image of a new large recently completed piece. I had a lot of fun making this painting. The paint encrusted Jars lend themselves so wonderfully to type of painting application I love to currently explore. They present me with a formal and abstract challenge while at the same time being these unusual personal effects. These recent works are successful for me only when they work visually from twelve inches and twelve feet. When you are close 'the fracture' establishes the paintings integrity - the surface quality - when viewed from twelve feet the paintings composition holds it's own establishing a strong design sensibility.

In other news - I'm about to publish my second quarterly 'Spring Newsletter'. This newsletter covers recent international gallery representation,  showcases a selection of images of new works gathered together and gives information on my coming New York City artist in studio residency programme and my solo exhibition which will take place in New York's newest Centre for Thought and Culture in November 2016.

If you head over to my website (link below) and enter your email address you will be sure to receive these quarterly instalments on my continuing practice.

- Richard

Jars and Mixing Stick, 2016
oil on linen - 100x80cm.
www.richardhearns.com


No comments: