Sunday, September 28, 2014

Preparedness and Process

It seems to me that I spend a huge about of time and energy organising and reorganising my studio space. Cleaning my brushes, scraping cleaning and relaying my palettes, preparing my mediums etc etc. About every third or forth day I find I'm just surrounded by debri and need to organise my space and materials again. I do this in order to be more clear, focused, efficient and creative with my time. It's a catch twenty two really because in order to be more creative and efficient time wise I have to invest a lot of time in getting prepared!

I remember seeing a film of Gerhard Richter at work in his studio some years ago. Anytime he put his brushes down and took a break from work his assistant would reorganise the space for him. I was madly jealous! Well you know what they say, all good things come to those who wait!

Here's a shot of one of my compositions currently in process.
Hope you enjoy this glimpse.


No comments: