Monday, July 8, 2013

Burren Path, at Jorgensen Fine Art


















Burren Path - oil on museum panel - 12"x9" - sold
Private Collection, Ireland

Since arriving back in Ireland I have been easing my way back into my painting practice.
To aid my development in painting I have decided that before I begin each body of work, I must sit down and write a statement about the work, develop concepts, set limits, and ask myself questions about the envisaged work ie. What sorts of genre, formats, and research would aid and best suit the work.

The first work I began was after I wrote about my interest and love of Plein Air landscape painting, or paintings and studies created in the open air.

I'll share this sort blurb with you over the coming days. But first this piece, 'Burren Path', which was worked up from a reference study a couple of weeks ago.

This painting will feature in the Jorgensen Fine Art Group Summer Exhibition which opens on July 25th.
Please do pop into the gallery at 14 Hibernian Way, (just off Dawson Street) Dublin 2, to see my work there.

For purchasing please contact, Ib Jorgensen or Sile Connaghton - Deeny at:
Tel - + 353 1 764 5734
Mobile - + 353 868 569946

No comments: