Monday, November 19, 2012

Self Portrait with Palette



































Over the next few months I am going to hold off on posting images of the paintings I have been preparing for my next New York solo show in April 2013. I have quite a few finished pieces and works in progress for this show photographed, but will wait till sometime in late February or early March to share them with you.

On Wednesday morning myself and Boo leave for Thailand for three months. I am really looking forward to catching up with friends and family, the change of culture,  a different pace and of course the warm light. While there I plan to work on observational still life and landscape paintings, as well as some figurative studies.

I will try to post images and updates at regular intervals, say once a week.

Above is a detail from a recent self portrait I made. It contains a wonderfully rich application of paint, fluid gestural brush strokes and a strong focus.

No comments: