Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Suger Bowl


The Suger Bowl, (tribute to Chardin and Kreutz) - oil on canvas - 12"x10" - sold

Wanted to share with you my process in creating some of my Classical Style Still Life Paintings.

As you can see below there is little or no drawing involved in the initial stages of the composition. Rather then drawing outlines etc I firstly get a feeling of how I want the painting to read, what kind of light, space and atmosphere I want to create. Then I 'mass' in the objects in a really loose gestural way. They appear to me out of a series of marks which then become more and more defined by means of directional strokes of the brush, how I deal with various 'edges', colour notes and temperature changes within there form.

For Purchasing information please contact me at info@richardhearns.com

'The Suger Bowl' - in process. Click on the image to enlarge.

No comments: