Monday, June 21, 2010

Borgo Bottaia



Shadow and Light at the Borgo Bottaia - oil/panel -12"x9" - sold

Was so drawn to the shapes of shadow and light cast in and around the Borgo each day. The arches, roofs and high terrace walls made such interesting shapes.
But my main centre of interest here was the way I would lead the eye up through the lane towards the Urn and small flower pots out towards the not to distant Tuscan hill and blue sky overhead.

This morning I leave for the west of Ireland to paint for two months in preparation for my next solo exhibition which will take place around the end of August in the beautiful town of Westport, Co. Mayo. I will be working from the same cottage in the village of Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare where I spent some time last year. I am so excited to get back to the Burren.

Looking forward to posting images of works created there over the coming months.

Wish me luck.

Best wishes,
Richard

No comments: