Monday, April 19, 2010

Still Life in Green and Red



Still Life in Green and Red (tribute to Chardin) - oil on canvas - 12"x10"

The last couple of weeks have been so busy and geared mostly towards my Solo Show which left me with little time to paint.

Just set the exhibition down over the weekend and am so delighted with the response to the work over the couple of weeks.

The show has been a near sell out with 37 pieces sold to date!
By 8.30pm on the opening night 25 pieces had been purchased! - I really cant begin to tell you all how great it is to feel I have connected with people on such a level.

The most rewarding thing is all the beautiful comments left in the visitors book. They are something I will cherish for ever - so a big thank you to all for your kind and encouraging comments - they mean a lot to me.

People have been calling into my family home to view works from the show as well as other larger landscape paintings etc. Perhaps tonight I will post a selection of available paintings for purchase in an album on my facebook page.

This blog has now been updated with regards to availability so if you see anything you like feel free to contact me for pricing at info@richardhearns.com or you can give me a call at (INT) + 353 (0)86 216 1135.

Just completed the piece above late last night and am now hoping to fly to Barcelona tomorrow morning for a week so don't think I will be posting any works until my return.
Plan to paint over there as much as is possible and of course to raid the museums and art shops!

- Richard


Still Life in Green and Red (detail) - oil on canvas - 12"x10"

No comments: