Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Wedding Bouquet



The Wedding Bouquet - oil/panel - 7"x5"

As some of you may know I got married a couple of weeks ago to my partner of five years, Rapeepan Lapromma or 'Pu', as most of you know her by her pet name. Had an absolutely wonderful day and have just returned home last night after a weeks honeymoon in Madrid.

The Spanish capital was just awe inspiring not to mention extremely romantic!

We really got around visiting all the Art museums ( my favorite place to be other then the studio), including El Prado, The Museo Thyssen and Reina Sofia which we visited yesterday to see Picasso's 'Guernica', while not forgetting all the sites and restaurants ( Pu's favorite place to be)!

Above is another study of The Wedding Bouquet - this time I cropped in to concentrate my efforts on describing, even more, the dramatic light, textures and tonal shifts across the flowers.

No comments: